RedCliff Ascent’s published daily rates are:
- First 1-60 days – $440.00 per day
- After 61 days – $275.00 per day
RedCliff requires a 30-day minimum length of stay. Tuition for the first 30 days is $13,200.00. Included in the daily rate are the physical examination, treatment plan development, psychosocial assessment, intensive acclimation supervision, and individual and group therapy sessions. There is an additional one-time charge of $1,400.00 for clothing and equipment. All gear needed for the experience is provided. Admission counselors are available to help with any questions or concerns.
RedCliff Ascent will assist parents with health insurance billing. We have been successful in collecting some insurance money (assuming the clinical information rises to the level of medical necessity). Please contact an admissions counselor for more details around specific insurance issues.
American Health Care Lending
Clark Behavioral Health Financing
Tax Deduction Information
Please provide the following information to your tax advisor so they can assist you in making the proper deduction.
You may wish to refer to Internal Revenue Code (Section 213a) for additional information on allowable deduction percentages of expenses related to the care for your son or daughter.
Court examples of rulings that support medical expense deduction related to enrollment in a special school for your child:
- –Griesdorf, Lawrence, (1970) 54 TC 1684) Enrollment of a child not cooperating in school and often physically sick related to result of parental divorce and father’s suicide.
- –Urbauer, Charles, (1992) TC Memo 1992-170) Enrollment of a 17 yr old with severe behavioral and drug abuse related problems in a college preparatory school program designed to meet the educational and emotional needs of students with problems.
When the proper criteria are met, all tuition (including all food and lodging) and additional expenses including transportation to and from the program should be discussed as a deduction with your tax advisor. Phone calls and other related expenses you incur should also be discussed with your tax advisor.
Additional Resources for your tax advisor:
- Internal Revenue Code Section 213(a)
- Treasury Regulation Section 1.123-1(e)
- Revenue Ruling 70-285
- Private Letter Ruling 8447014
- Court Cases: Griesdorf, Lawrence, (1970) 54 TC 1684;
- Pazos, Jose, (1987) TC Memo 1987-131;
- Urbauer, Charles, (1992) TC Memo 1992-170
Please explore our website or call an admissions counselor at 1.800.898.1244 for additional information about how RedCliff Ascent can help your family.