Thank you for your interest in RedCliff Ascent wilderness therapy program. Finding appropriate teen help can feel overwhelming when your family is in crisis. We understand that. For over two decades of helping troubled teens, we can appreciate how difficult the admissions process feels. Placing your child in a stranger’s care can seem overwhelming. For that reason we have our admissions department ready for your call. Our goal is not necessarily to enroll your child but to provide your family with a variety of resources. This is information you can use to make the best possible decision during a very difficult time.We would love to visit with you to introduce ourselves.
Our admissions policy:
At RedCliff Ascent your child is most important. We want to determine if our services can serve you appropriately. A student may be admitted for treatment if the student meets the following criteria:
- The student must pass a complete physical evaluation. This evaluation is geared for the rigors of the wilderness program. The clinical director must approve students that are on psychotropic medication. The student’s psychological or mental state must be at a level that thier safety will not compromise the safety of other student or staff.
- The student must speak English in order to effectively communicate with the therapist, peers and counselors. Inability to speak English will result in treatment barriers that will affect the treatment outcome.
- The student must weigh at least 100 pounds.
- The student must be 13 to 18 years of age.
- Students with communicable diseases may be denied
- Students that are pregnant will be denied
The intent and purpose of the RedCliff Ascent Outdoor Therapy Program is to provide an effective therapeutic experience. Due to the nature of the program, there are physical and mental conditions as well as medications that could prohibit a student’s enrollment. Below are a few of those conditions:
- Severe asthma
- Severe allergies
- Actively hallucinating
All medications are cleared during the pre-admission process. If there are special circumstances with your child’s health make sure to let us know.
Sr. Admissions Coordinator
Give our website a look. We can always take your call however so call us at 801-921-8488. We have our admissions department ready for your call.